Saturday, June 14, 2014

A Father's Dream

My day started by receiving a very powerful text message from a loving and concerned customer which says, "Each day is full of reasons to praise and thank God.  Even when life seems void of comfort and joy. When our cups are empty, God fills them up.Real happiness comes not on achieving big things but enjoying God's simple blessings in life."  She then ended up the message with a "Happy Father's Day" greetings.

I once was also a teacher ma'am, and even before I became a father, I could already feel the happiness of being responsible to my students' future.  My dream for them was very simple, "To see them achieve their own dreams!"  Today, most of them are already positioned well in the offices where they work. Finance Manager, Chief Accountant, CPA-Lawyer, Region-wide Distributor of a very popular brand, Vice President for a Makati-based Banking institution, Finance consultants to foreign-based firms, to name a few.  I am proud to mention this because they have already achieved their own dreams - my own dream for them!

My secret? being too strict when they were under me.

People would think that I am spoiling my 7-year old son.  They are wrong.  The secret that I applied to my students will be more severely applied to my own blood.  More so, because I want him to be a better person, able to build up a life through justice, honesty and perseverance.  Just like my students, my dream is to see him achieve his own dreams.
 
A reminder is always given to him that "To succeed, you must not only think about yourself but for those people who are in need. Don't think of giving them food, but on how you can help them get their own food. Think of giving them job or work where they can earn for their living.  That way, you will be forced to create work or job for them. That way, you will be forced to be successful yourself!"

God has given us people whom we can be responsible to.  Everything has been set before us.  We only have to recognize that fact.  Although He has also allowed some people to be stumbling blocks for us, we have to be aware and be ready to confront situations that may occur from this.  Always rely on God, be close to Him!

My dream is for my son to become a God-trusting person.  A person with an open mind and heart.  Fearless but not ruthless.  Successful but never boastful.  One who earns through honest means and contented with what is provided to him.

Fear not, kid!  Never will you be in want!


  

2 comments: